Monday, August 6, 2012

Vacation Update

Well I'm here in sunny Florida for a few days so I thought I'd shoot out a quick update to prove I'm still intending to follow through on this whole mess. Before I left for vacation I got the last Journeybook (Return of the King) I was very lucky and found the second two for super cheap. I also got a Faramir model for $5 ($0.99 plus $4 of shipping :P) The ROTK book is different as most of the scenarios don't have recommended participants beyond key hero's. It bothered me at first, however I think by that point I will want to flex my creative muscles and that will give me an opportunity to mix and match some things. Also from a scenario design standpoint it makes sense as the forces are so much larger and varied than any battle from the earlier books. You've got a lot of players in the final few battles: Easterlings,Southrons, Khandish Mercs, Knights of Dol-Amroth, Lossarnach, Lamedon, Grey Company, etc. etc. etc. So being less restricted means I can have a smattering of whatever I want without having to shell out too much money for 30 Knights of Dol-Amroth.

Anywho I've been scouring eBay for deals. I've struck well too. I have in the mail:


10 Warriors of Rohan (all with bow)
12 Rangers of Middle Earth (these will become dunedain more than likely)
1 Ringwraith Blister (includes foot and mtd. version.)
17 Warriors of Minas Tirith
AND
Classic Fellowship poses of Legolas, Aragorn, Gimli, and Boromir. So I have almost all the fellowship except Gandalf, and I would like alternate versions of the hobbits but thats not vital. So I'm doing pretty good. I will also be acquiring (through a trade) the following, which will put me in great shape as it has lots of hard to find and expensive stuff:
 
 Aragorn at the Black Gate (Mounted)
Aragorn at Amon Hen
Boromir with Gondor Standard (Discontinued model)
Halabarad with Aragorn's Standard (Discontinued model)
Gil-Galad
Glorfindel on foot and mounted
Haldir in Mirkwood (discontinued model)
Legolas at Amon Hen
Gandalf at Khazad dûm
Balin
Elendil
Isildur

Infantry

8 Minas Tirith Bowman
6 Minas Tirith Swordsman
6 Minas Tirith Spearmen
1 Minas Tirith Standard
3 Rangers of the Gondor
3 Fountain Guard
3 Knights of Dol Amroth
13 Numenorian Swordsman
5 Numenorian Spearmen
1 Numenorian Standard
3 Rangers of the North
5 High Elf Archers
2 High Elf Spearmen
2 High Elf Swordsmen
1 High Elf Standard
8 Khazad Guard

So be ready for lots of updates when I get back (hopefully)

Also I got a part-time job playing with Lego Robots! Yes I am an adult!

No comments:

Post a Comment